Monday, July 26, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
covering the mattress with ice cubes and rolling on them
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
- Maybe a maternity bathing suit would have been a good investment after all
- Baby GIrl Milette does not like cold water
- A spouse/girlfriend/companion would have made things easier
- When planning a beach trip while pregnant, understand where the bathrooms are in relation to where the beach actually is
- Bring a fork, always
- Bring way more water than you normally would
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
I did enjoy seeing Greg wear the empathy belly even if it was only for a short period of time.
I am also still slightly anemic and have started taking an iron supplement every other day. Hopefully my body will absorb it properly and Baby Girl Milette will get what she needs. Typically, babies make a 6 month store of iron in their bodies before they are born. This is because relatively little iron is passed through breast milk and most babies will start solid foods sometime either before or around the 6 month mark. First foods are typically iron fortified cereals. Isn't that handy how that works?
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
It was very informative and we were both impressed with what she had to say and the practice itself. Here are a few of the positives:
- The practice is close by ( less than 10 minutes away)
- Lactation consultants who make home visits
- Great hours (including some evenings and weekends at their other location a town over)
- Separate times of the day for well baby visits and sick kid visits so healthy babies hopefully aren't sitting in the waiting room next to sick ones
- She didn't freak out too much about the vegan diet
- Pediatric triage line for late night freak outs and or legitimate concerns
- Pediatrician has hospital privileges at the hospital we plan to deliver and at Children's
- She seemed to truly love being a doctor
- She is a fairly new mom herself so everything is fresh in her mind
All in all, we were liked her a lot and did not find any reason not to go with her. Just an overall good feeling, I felt at ease when we were talking with her so we have to go with that. If it doesn't work out, we can always switch pediatricians later but I'm very confident that it will work out just fine.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
Hooray for the uterus being the size it should be for this point in the pregnancy.
Hooray for a very strong rapid baby heart rate in the 160s.
Hooray for my blood pressure still being within normal range, even if it is slightly higher then it was before
Hooray for mild varicose veins and no stretch marks.
Hooray for scheduling all appointments in the afternoon through the end of the school of year.
Concerned for not gaining any weight but the midwife says not to worry until I go back in two weeks. If I haven't gained at that point, they will be concerned. But I worry anyway, I am a worrier. Also I am slightly anemic. They want the test score to be 34 or higher and I was 33.9 Bring on the beans and the fortified cereal for now. The liquid iron supplement that she recommended was nasty beyond belief. I couldn't get it down and puking isn't helpful to either me or Baby Girl Milette.
Monday, May 10, 2010
They suck. I actually have on a pair that buttons, for now anyways. But I am uncomfortable. There are seams in undesireable places. They dont stay where I want them to. I can't pull them up anymore but at the same time, I feel they are too low!
I hate any pants that are not sweat pants! But still I dont think it is professional to go to work in sweats unless you are a personal trainer or phys ed teacher.
I could breakdown and buy maternity pants but I still think its a waste of money. I hate pants!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
I am also having a hard time remembering things. I start sentences and forget what I am going to say. I walk to the fridge with a specific item in mind and have no idea what I went there for.
I took out summer clothes from from the closet that I thought might fit. Final score 7 items returned to closet, 3 items that might still fit in the next 2-3 weeks.
The crib arrived and was assembled today!
I am excited most of the time but sometimes overrun by my emotions. Today at work for example, I was setting up materials for the students to make mothers' day cards for their moms. All of sudden, I was completely paralyzed with fear. I am going to be a mommy very soon and what if I screw it up? What if.... what if... what if? Before too long, I was hysterically crying and then as quickly as the emotional outburst came on, it was gone.
Currently I am at the point where I need to go to the midwife every two weeks. I am also assuming that I past the gestational diabetes test since I haven't heard from the ob/gyn's office since I took the test last week, sot hat is a good thing. There is a huge pile of paperwork to do for the hospital so I am working on that as well.
Meeting some pediatricians next Wednesday.
Stay tuned for updates and more ramblings
Friday, April 30, 2010
After school, I was led to the science room supposedly to pick out some relevant and age appropriate materials for my class. Well I was very surprised as there were no science materials in sight. Instead, a table of presents! a room filled with cheery people! and a table of delicious food!
I am appreciative of all the thoughts, presents and efforts that went into making the surprise a success. I am most excited though about handmade blankies and the very generous giftcard to babies r us.
This weekend Greg and I will sit down and start writing some thank you cards!
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Friday, April 2, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Sunday, March 7, 2010
- I am feeling lots of movement, more and more as time goes by. Hopefully Greg will be able to feel it soon too.
- Yes, we have a name picked out! And no, we are not telling what is. Even if you are lucky enough to guess correctly, we are not telling you if you are correct or not.
- No I still haven't figured out my work situation just yet, but time is getting closer. I have a may 1st deadline for that
- Holding my friends' new baby yesterday made both Greg and I even more excited to meet our baby!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Friday, February 12, 2010
bad news is that my students are really good at sharing their germs and I am sick with a nasty head cold situation.
Good news is that my body is overwhelmed by fighting the headcold and I did not feel any nausea or tummy distress last evening before I went to bed
Monday, February 8, 2010
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Sunday, January 31, 2010
- I had to buy some shirts that fall a little bit longer on my body. Not a bigger size, but just a longer style! I was tugging at 2 of my "work" shirts, feeling they were too short
- Shortness of breath and tiredness going up two flights of stairs to pee
- Finally starting to decrease Zofran w/o vomiting
- Ketchup is a wonderful thing!
- My administrator at work is a bozo. This is not the first time I realized this, but I was reminded of it
Friday, January 29, 2010
The thyroid functioning test was repeated and I a learned that I am not a carrier of the cystic fibrosis gene. I also learned that I am O- which means that I will need to take some medicine later on in the pregnancy so that if the babies blood comes in contact with mine, I don't produce antigens.
The best part? I don't have to go back for a whole month! Maybe after that appointment the sushi place next to the doctor's office will actually be open and I will be able to get some avocado maki!