Sunday, April 18, 2010

26 weeks and counting

The today is the start of the 26th week of my first pregnancy. Time is going by both slowly and quickly. 26 weeks on one hand is great ( hooray, I have made it this far!) and on the other hand it's still a long haul from here ( 14 weeks to go?!?!?! are you serious? blah)

Here is what has been going on.
1) The job-share deadline came and went at school and my dim-witted principal was still unwilling to budge on the matter. At that point, I was forced to make a decision. I could either 1) transfer to a new position and take some time off in September, which I am sure would make a new principal really happy 2) try to job-share outside of my building with someone I don't know or 3) take the whole 2010-2011 school year for a maternity leave. I did not want to be in a new building/new position and be a new mom all at the same time. It feels overwhelming just writing it down, never mind actually doing it. I also believe that teachers who don't start their classrooms off in September face an uphill battle when they do return. So, I will be at home with my delightful daughter for the first year.

I think it is a blessing that I will fully appreciate later on. In the meantime, I have had to wrestle with some issues of identity. Greg has been fully and amazingly supportive though and in no way has pushed me towards one thing or another. We don't know yet what will happen after that year is over but we don't have to know that right now.

2) I have been having some ,uh okay, a lot of difficulty sleeping. The last three nights have been brutal. I go to bed early (around 830 or 9) and sleep soundly until sometime after 11 and then I am up every hour or less for some reason or another, but mostly because I can't seem to get comfortable. This is school vacation week though so hopefully I can catch up a little here and there throughout the day.

3) We are waiting on the delivery of the baby's crib.

4) Last weekend I decided that my clothes werent fitting right! Surprise! I bought a few more skirts and a few short sleeve shirts. Of course the weather this week has not been conducive to wearing those clothes. I even went so far as to try on maternity pants but those were awful and stupid so they stayed at the store. On a final note about clothes, I decided on Friday that my jeans were "hugging me too much"

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment