Tuesday, June 22, 2010

35 weeks

Child birth class is half over and I feel no more prepared for her arrival than I did before class started. If anything, I am more anxious. I am working hard to keep it in check. Of course, I am anxious. I have never done this before. But I must remember: I am strong and capable. My body was made to carry a baby and birth successfully. The hospital has experts who know a lot about how to birth a baby. Millions of women for generations have been birthing babies.

I did enjoy seeing Greg wear the empathy belly even if it was only for a short period of time.

I am also still slightly anemic and have started taking an iron supplement every other day. Hopefully my body will absorb it properly and Baby Girl Milette will get what she needs. Typically, babies make a 6 month store of iron in their bodies before they are born. This is because relatively little iron is passed through breast milk and most babies will start solid foods sometime either before or around the 6 month mark. First foods are typically iron fortified cereals. Isn't that handy how that works?

No comments:

Post a Comment