Sunday, March 7, 2010

And now for the half time report!

That's right folks, we are half way there today! The baby is now the size of a cantaloupe! (Ok, is it just me or does that sound pretty large to anyone else?!) I continue to have my good moments and my not so good moments. Unfortunately, I continue to need to take my medication to keep food down. I only need it once a day instead of once every 4-6 hours, so that is progress. I was hoping to not need it by this point but my body and baby have other plans. I do find that I feel best when I have some food every 2-3 hours and I continue to try to drink plenty of water.

When I went to the midwife last week, we were both excited that I have finally made it back to my pre-pregnancy weight! Last weekend I had a nasty head cold and when I asked the midwife if there was anything I could take, she suggested warm lemonade with honey. That sounded disgusting then and now. The weight is different though. The shape of my body is dramatically different than it was. When I lost weight at the beginning of the pregnancy, I don't know where I lost it from, but I certainly know where it is going now as it comes back!!!

This past week, Greg and I went to the hospital for a tour and to meet the doctors and midwives that may be taking care of us during the birth of the baby! On some levels it was really great to see all the facilities and be able to get some of our questions answered. On other levels, it was totally an anxiety producing experience for me. It made the whole idea suddenly seem so real. I was freaking out a bit in the auditorium while we waited for the presentation to start and Greg and did his best to calm me down. That night I had horrible nightmares about the baby and taking care of her when she arrived.

A few other updates:
  • I am feeling lots of movement, more and more as time goes by. Hopefully Greg will be able to feel it soon too.

  • Yes, we have a name picked out! And no, we are not telling what is. Even if you are lucky enough to guess correctly, we are not telling you if you are correct or not.

  • No I still haven't figured out my work situation just yet, but time is getting closer. I have a may 1st deadline for that

  • Holding my friends' new baby yesterday made both Greg and I even more excited to meet our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment