Tuesday, March 23, 2010

22 weeks, also known as 5 1/2 months

That means that we have about 3 1/2 months to go. We still have a lot of work to do. But our little baby will at least have a crib to sleep in, it should arrive in another two weeks or so. Time is going by quickly and sometimes I am overwhelmed by all that we have left to do.

A few quick updates:

I am home sick. I spent a lot of time this past weekend around a lot of my allergens (cats, dogs, and scented candles) but I cant take the medicine right now. I am hoping that the sickness is just my body being slow to recover from the allergic situation. I feel guilty about missing yet another day of work since I was out so long but I can't drag myself in there and hang out with no heat all day long when I already don't feel well. Aside from the current respiratory ailments, I am feeling okay.

I am still eating fairly frequently and have my monthly check-up/ weigh in this coming Friday. I am still taking the anti-vomiting medicine. I would like to try to not take it but I don't want to vomit either. So far I am able to manage the heartburn by taking one extra strength chewable pepcid per day. I feel large.

Speaking of large, I bought a new pillow that is supposed to support both my back and my belly. It is a lot bigger than I thought. Greg describes it as an anti-husband pillow. I have been trying it out for almost a week now. I am not sleeping necessarily any better with it than I was without it. I think I like the idea of it more than I actually like the pillow the itself.

The baby is increasingly more active and the kicks/punches are stronger. Most of the time, I like the feeling of the baby moving inside of me. Greg certainly loves when he can feel the kicks and punches. Sometimes it makes me uncomfortable, but it would be worse if the baby wasn't moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment