Monday, February 15, 2010

17 weeks

My baby is the size of an onion. I think describing the current size of the baby with common food items is helpful in creating a visual in my mind. But some of the foods are just not as cute as others. Like at the beginning, when it was a lentil or a peanut, or a few weeks ago when it was a lemon. Those cute things to imagine. But an onion?

It reminds me of a few years ago when Greg took me to a vegan bed and breakfast in VT that had the word "onion" in its name. To tell me of our upcoming trip he put an actual onion in my stocking. I did not necessarily enjoy eating onions at that time and did not get it. I held up the onion and the pictures show me making a face that clearly says: " what the heck do you want me to do with this?"

Anyway back to the present. Saturday Greg made heart shaped pancakes for breakfast and went to get veggie sushi for lunch. I love him! That evening we had tickets to a play at a local theater. The play started at my current bedtime, so despite several naps and a generally restful day, I was already tired when we got there. Then I had to contend with people and their smells. Perfume, hairspray, bathroom air fresheners, cologne and coffee brewed in the lobby and sold during intermission. Hello nausea, welcome back! Of course being tired and slightly uncomfortable in the theater chairs did not help either.

Yesterday I made a big heart shaped cookie for Greg. We spent a quiet day together cuddling, playing board games, and watching some olympic game coverage. I was not feeling too well. I am getting over a nasty cold and then I had started with terrible cramping late Saturday night. As the day went on yesterday, I was increasingly nauseous, the stomach pain was pretty bad and then the cramping never really went away.

Today I am still pretty nauseous but don't have as much stomach pain or cramping. One day at a time I guess. I just wish there weren't these awful suck days that knock you out. I wish the days got better and better instead of having lousy miserable days that creep up on you out of nowhere. And if I have to have lousy days, I wish sometimes they were not on the weekends so I could actually enjoy my time with Greg a little bit more. I can't do anything about it though except try to relax and take it one day at a time.

This is school vacation week. I am hoping to get lots of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment