Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Excuse me! (Vent)

Really, seriously, do not touch my belly! Would you even think about touching my midsection if I wasn't pregnant? Probably (hopefully) not! Unless you are my husband, my midwife, or under four feet tall, my baby bump is hands off, especially if I do not know you!!

Someone at work told me I looked fat today! I think, again, if you are not my husband or my midwife you have no business making that comment to me. Who says that? Would you say that if I wasn't pregnant? This was how the day started. We had a teacher breakfast today in honor of St. Patrick's Day tomorrow. I was excited to see an abundance of fresh fruit. I had strawberries, grapes and a banana on my plate and a mini cranberry muffin. This rude person has her plate loaded up with eggs, sausage, quiche and other items. She went on to imply that maybe I wanted to take a little less food. I gritted my teeth and explained that at my last weigh in 2 1/2 weeks ago, I was only back to my original weight. I think if I gained another 5 pounds between the last weigh in and the one I have next week, that the midwife would be overjoyed.

And anyone who really knows me, knows that I am very self-conscious about my changing body. Somedays, I am able to embrace it and other days I just want to hide in sweats. If you don't know me very well, why would you even say that I look fat, regardless of whether or not I am pregnant? I am not fat. I am carrying a baby. Greg reminds me often that my changing shape is beautiful and I try often to remember that and even say it to my self.

I was really offended. I tried to shake it off but just couldn't.
Tomorrow is my first prenatal massage and I am looking forward to that!

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! If one more person comes up and rubs my belly I am going to scream. Especially more so now that it's not my first and they all know better. Gosh I don't even let family touch me and the only person who can usually get away with it is Jason. So I understand. And don't let the comments of your weight get to you. It took me many years to come to grips with my weight. But the joy and love I have after my little ones are born reminds me of the love I went through to bring them here. We are strong beautiful woman. Hugs sweetie. And glad you had a wonderful time at your massage you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who make comments like this are really truly not secure with themselves. I feel sorry for them. Plus, you are looking great!

    ReplyDelete