Friday, January 29, 2010

Woo hoo

Went to the doctors on Wednesday and I gained another pound. I never thought I would be so excited about something so previously insignificant. The babies heart rate was 155. The doctor said he could feel the smallest bump and that that bump was the baby. Even though he put my hand in the right space I just felt like... well like me. I couldn't feel it but then again I've never felt a baby that small before in my own body! Hearing the beat is still the most awesome thing. It gets me every time!

The thyroid functioning test was repeated and I a learned that I am not a carrier of the cystic fibrosis gene. I also learned that I am O- which means that I will need to take some medicine later on in the pregnancy so that if the babies blood comes in contact with mine, I don't produce antigens.

The best part? I don't have to go back for a whole month! Maybe after that appointment the sushi place next to the doctor's office will actually be open and I will be able to get some avocado maki!

No comments:

Post a Comment