Saturday, July 3, 2010

Not exactly the advice you give to everyone

At the end of the appointment with the midwife yesterday, she said " Go home. Get Fat! Come back fatter next week". I imagine that not too many people have been told that by a medical care provider. I haven't LOST any weight, but I also haven't gained more than a pound in the last 7 or so weeks.

My blood pressure was on the low side but since I was feeling okay, she wasn't too concerned. When the nurse suggested that the midwife recheck it to make sure, the midwife said that it is just me being me.

Baby Girl Milette's heartbeat was strong, in the 140-150 range

Anyway, we also talked about upcoming appointments, went over our birth plan "sketch", turned in my health care proxy forms. All in all, she wants to see me gain more weight before the baby comes ( which is SOON) but otherwise everything looks good.

Earlier this week, I tried to cut out the anti-vomiting medication yet again. And yet again, I was back to puking fluids at 4 am! Not exactly what I would call fun times. With the heat being sometimes oppressive, I need to stay hydrated so, um, puking fluids is not really a good choice. The midwife suggested cutting the tablets to try to wean myself off more slowly or a lower dose. Perhaps before my next appointment, I will have some luck with cutting the pills.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I feel like Baby Girl Milette is EVERYWHERE, she has officially taken over my whole body.

No comments:

Post a Comment