Friday, June 15, 2012

Planning a second birthday

As I anxiously await the arrival of our second daughter, I am also in the process of planning a celebration to honor Madison as she is about to turn 2! It makes me think back to where we were two years ago and makes me think about where she is right now, a month shy of her second birthday.

 Two years ago I was pregnant with her,  probably just as uncomfortable, irritable, and anxious as I am today.  Two years ago I had no idea of the amazing person that she would become.  Two years ago I really was not sure how labor and delivery would go, what kind of mommy I would be or how such a tiny person would totally rock our world.

Madison is awesome.  She is a very caring and compassionate toddler.  She notices when people are upset and takes very good care of her baby.  Her baby doll goes everywhere with her and that doll is well fed and never sitting in a stinky diaper for very long.    Madison is also incredibly smart, she seems to be constantly making connections between people and events.  She tries her best to retell events or stories.  I think (though I may be biased) that she has a longer than average attention span for children her age.  She loves animals and loves to read.  She is affectionate, often cuddling with one of us or blowing kisses, or kissing the pictures of animals in her books.  She is pretty easy going though can be a little shy with other people or in unfamiliar situations. There is not a day that goes by that I am not amazed by her thinking, by her little personality.  She routinely makes us laugh and we can't get enough laughter from her.

Madison is getting ready to be a big sister.  I know it will be a transition for her, but I am curious to see how she will react to the tiny human.  I am curious to see if those loving and nurturing tendencies will carry over.  I am curious to see what she will teach her baby sister and excited to see how much more mature she looks  next to the baby.

I hope that she enjoys her party and the time with the extended family.  I hope I can find a way to make the celebration reflect just who she is and I am excited to plan a special time for her before such a big change takes place.

No comments:

Post a Comment