Saturday, February 25, 2012

Anxious

The big anatomy scan is coming up. Unfortunately, we booked the appointment right after the start of the new year, so it has been on my mind for a while. As our appointment gets closer, time seems to go even slower. I think I have spent more time online on "birth boards" this time around than the last. Originally I wanted to see if other people were as sick as I was and how they were managing. Now it just seems to fuel my anxiety as I read about some of the things that have gone awry with the health of the mother or the baby.

I have to remember that I am doing the best that I can to take care of myself and the little uterine passenger. I have to keep reminding myself that I have done this once already and that somehow I did manage to bring a beautiful healthy person into this world. I hope and pray that I am able to do it again.

18 weeks tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. The anxiety I can relate too. But I always reminded myself that no matter what happens I will love and cherish that little one always. As a mom you know and fight for exactly what you need to do for your little one and I personally think your doing a fantastic job. What a wonderful milestone to reach. 18 weeks is always the biggest and once 20 weeks hit, it's really just waiting for the time to hurry up :-)

    Hugs sweetie. In a few weeks you will be finding out what Madison will be blessed to be a big sister too. And weather a little more pink or a new addition of blue will be added to your family. Hugs

    ReplyDelete